• Welcome to ลงประกาศฟรี โพสฟรี โปรโมทเว็บไซด์ให้ติดอันดับ SEO ด้วย PBN.

poker online

ปูนปั้น

Some learners face 10-month wait for driving test

Started by geemong, January 22, 2022, 02:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geemong

Some learners face 10-month wait for driving test

Some learners are waiting 10 months for a driving test while others face eight-hour round trips for theirs due a shortage of examiners and instructors.

Studying slotxo ดาวน์โหลด the winning patterns of each game before you start placing a real bet, which you might study from the game.

The shortage, coupled with the number of learners who could not have lessons or practical tests due to Covid rules or lockdowns, has left a backlog.

About 1.6 million UK learners had their tests every year before the pandemic, but that dropped to 436,000 in 2020-21.

The department responsible for driving tests is trying recruit 300 examiners.

The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) said it was offering learners tests on weekends and bank holidays and calling on recently retired examiners to return to help with the backlog.

But unions have warned those steps alone would not be enough to clear it.

The situation is particularly affecting people in rural parts of the UK, with one instructor saying it is "the worst I've seen it for 20 years".

'I'm stressed and nervous'
One of the learners affected is Aerona Rowlands.

Ideally, the 17-year-old student from Morfa Nefyn, on the north Wales coast, would take her £62 test at her nearest centre at Pwllheli in Gwynedd, the town where she has done most of her lessons.

But she said she could not get a test there for 10 months, so will have to travel more than two hours and almost 80 miles to Aberystwyth - before making the same trip back home after her 40-minute examination.

"It's really far and I don't know the area so taking my test is going to be more difficult than it would have been," said Aerona.

"My mum has had to book three days off work to take me there so I can get familiar with the area.

"I feel really stressed and nervous now but I think if I could do it in Pwllheli then I don't think I would be anywhere near as nervous."